PANETTONE, PEAR AND DARK CHOCOLATE PUDDING
Here’s a wonderfully simple recipe, adapted from my new book Sunday Baking (the original version makes individual puddings and uses croissants). Made with Panettone (the festive tasting sweet Italian bread I am OBSESSED with) and baked in one large dish makes for the perfect Christmas party dessert.
1 large good quality Panettone, cut into 3cm cubes
120g dark chocolate, buttons or chopped finely
3 ripe pears, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
1 cup cream
1 1/2 cup whole milk
4 free range eggs
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170ºC fan bake. Grease a large oven proof dish, or use a GLAD Roaster Pan.
- In the dish, toss the cubed Panettone with the chocolate and pear cubes.
- In another large bowl combine the cream, milk, eggs, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour this over the mixture evenly over the Panettone cubes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve warm with liquid cream.
- To store cover well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one week.