FLOURLESS DARK CHOCOLATE AND COFFEE CAKE IN COLLABORATION WITH NESPRESSO
Cakies, here’s another recipe for you...my super easy yet very impressive Flourless Dark Chocolate and Coffee cake. It's rich, moist and only gently sweet and makes for the ultimate coffee moment.
FOR THE CAKE
200g/7.1oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
175g/6.2oz unsalted butter
Short shot of Nespresso Cocoa Truffle
70g/2.5oz soft brown sugar or coconut sugar
4 free-range eggs
200g/7.1oz ground almonds
FOR THE TOPPING
1 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
Fresh flowers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Line a 20cm/8" cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a saucepan over low heat until fully melted. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cooled chocolate mixture with the shot of coffee and sugar. One by one add the eggs, mixing between each addition. Finally mix in the ground almonds.
- Pour into the tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes. The cake is ready once firm to the touch and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, dust over some cocoa powder and a sprinkling of sea salt. Decorate with fresh flowers if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 days.