COFFEE AND PECAN BISCOTTI
These biscotti are absolutely heavenly dipped in coffee. You could swap out the white chocolate for dark or milk chocolate if you prefer, and use any nut you desire. With the ground coffee, use what you would for filter or plunger coffee.
MAKES ABOUT 24-30 BISCOTTI
FOR THE BISCOTTI
120g plain or spelt flour
¾ tsp baking powder
60g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp ground coffee
Pinch sea salt
1 large free-range egg, or 2 small ones
60g white chocolate buttons
60g pecans, lightly roasted
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, ground coffee and salt and mix until combined. Continue to add in the egg, followed by the white chocolate and pecans. Mix until everything is well incorporated, being careful not to over do (if you feel like your mixture is too dry / crumbly, you can add more egg).
- Using slightly wet hands, form the dough into a log on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, then take out of the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Carefully transfer the log to a chopping board, and using a sharp knife, cut it up into 1cm thick slices.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 140C.
- Transfer the biscotti slices back to the lined baking tray, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm and crunchy.
- Store in an airtight container or cookie jar for up to 10 days.