STRAWBERRY-RASPBERRY MAPLE MOUSSE
I've always been a huge fan of chocolate mousse, but in summer I often want something a bit less rich. This strawberry mousse isn't overly sweet but the lovely flavour of maple still comes through. Try to buy a good quality one as it will make a big difference to the taste.
FOR THE MOUSSE
50g cream cheese
150g fresh strawberries washed and tops removed
100g fresh raspberries
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of one lime
1 tbsp soft brown sugar, or coconut sugar
FOR THE TOPPING
A handful of cubed strawberries
A handful of toasted coconut chips
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor and blitz just until smooth. Add the strawberries, raspberries, maple syrup, vanilla and lime zest and continue to blitz until well blended.
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or a handheld electric whisk, beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks start to form. Add the blended strawberry raspberry mixture and whisk on low speed until well combined, being careful not to overbeat. The mixture should be soft and cloud-like at this point and will firm up once chilled.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse evenly into 4 serving glasses or ramekins, or simply into one big bowl. Top with fresh diced strawberries and toasted coconut chips.
- If you've made 4 individual serves, place in the fridge to firm up for at least 1 hour before serving. Chill for 30 minutes longer if made in one large bowl.
- To store, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.