RHUBARB, TANGELO AND PISTACHIO CAKE IN COLLABORATION WITH DOSE & CO
Turning 31 has got me more motivated than ever to look after my skin, hair and nails. I remember being told last year that I should start taking a collagen supplement by my friend with the most radiant skin and glossy hair, but tbh I never really listened. And then @doseandco sent me a tub of each of their collagen creamers, and there was no excuse not to try. It's been a month of using the creamers in different ways - in my coffee, my matcha, my water and even in my baking - my nails are the strongest they've been in years and my skin has a newfound glow. The creamers were so successful in my baking that I'm going to share 2 recipes with you!! First up is the recipe for my Rhubarb, Tangelo and Pistachio Cake, which calls for a scoop of Dose & Co's Vanilla Creamer. Find it in the link in my bio. You can purchase Dose&Co at New World and PAK’nSAVE in New Zealand!
FOR THE CAKE
200g plain all-purpose flour
120g coconut sugar
100g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch sea salt
½ cup almond milk
Zest of a juice of 2 tangelos
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup light olive oil
⅓ cup unsweetened full-fat coconut yogurt
40g raw pistachios, roughly chopped
30g / 3 scoops Dose & Co Vanilla Collagen Creamer
2 stems of rhubarb, washed and cut into 1cm / 1/2" chunks
FOR THE DECORATIONS
½ a tangelo, thinly sliced
Fresh edible flowers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C on fan bake. Line a 22cm / 9" cake tin with baking paper.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, combine the flour, coconut sugar, ground almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add in the milk, zest and juice, vanilla and olive oil.
- By hand fold through the coconut yogurt, pistachios and finally the collagen creamer. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the tin and spread out to the sides. Scatter over the rhubarb pieces and press them down lightly.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden in colour, springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Decorate as desired.
- Serve the cake slightly warm with a generous dollop of coconut yogurt.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.