RAW VEGAN APRICOT ROSEMARY TREATS
These healthful treats are so easy to make and the ingredients are super adaptable. Instead of making a slice with the mixture, you could roll it into balls and it's optional to drizzle over some melted chocolate or a dusting of cocoa powder.
MAKES AROUND 12 PIECES
1 cup roasted whole almonds
1½ cups ground almonds
1 cup good quality dried apricots
3 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch sea salt
Leaves from one sprig of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
⅓ cup quick cook oats
- In a food processor, blitz the whole roasted almonds until coarsely chopped and then remove and set aside.
- Next, combine the ground almonds, dried apricots, maple syrup, salt, rosemary and oats in the food processor and blitz until the mixture comes together like a dough.
- By hand, mix through the roughly chopped almonds.
- Line a 16cm square cake tin with a bigger square of plastic wrap so that it goes up the sides of the tin. Spread the mixture into the tin and press down to get a flat surface. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Before serving, cut the slice into whatever shapes you like. Serve chilled.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 10 days.