PASSIONFRUIT AND STRAWBERRY AND RICOTTA CHEESECAKE IN COLLABORATION WITH PERFECT ITALIANO
Ricotta provides a pleasant nutty creaminess to the usual cheesecake recipe. Here, I’ve paired it with the bright and exotic sweetness of passionfruit and the rounded tart homeliness off strawberries. Together they remind me of a perfect afternoon in the sun.
FOR THE BASE
250g Super Wine biscuits
140g butter, melted
Pinch sea salt
FOR THE FILLING
250g cream cheese, melted
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 free range eggs
180ml passionfruit pulp
FOR THE TOPPING
200g fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
Fresh flowers (optional)
- Line a 22cm x 22cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the butter and salt and mix to combine. Press the mixture into the base of the tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm and cold.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Place the ricotta, cream cheese, caster sugar, lemon zest and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Gradually add the eggs, processing well after each addition. Fold through the passionfruit pulp and pour the mixture over the base.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool completely before topping with the quartered strawberries and flowers if using.
- Serve at room temperature.