GOAT'S CHEESE AND HONEYCOMB COOKIES
Goat’s cheese and honey are best friends on a cheese board, but have you ever baked these two delectable ingredients into cookies before? You should!
MAKES ABOUT 20 COOKIES
110g butter softened
250g creamed honey
1 free-range egg
200g all-purpose white or spelt flour
50g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch sea salt
150g goats cheese
5cm x 5cm piece of honeycomb
- Preheat the oven to 170C on fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and honey together until pale, light and fluffy. Add in the egg and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add in the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overdo it.
- Place walnut sized mounds of cookie dough onto the lined baking tray. Press each one down to flatten slightly. Break up the goat's cheese into almond sized pieces and press 3 pieces into each cookie. Finally, press a small coin sized piece of honeycomb into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden.
- Allow the cookies to sit for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.