APRICOT & TURMERIC MUFFINS
These muffins are lovely and moist and will stay this way for days. Since they aren't overly sweet or buttery, you could even eat these wee cakes for breakfast. The earthy aroma of turmeric gives a delicate flavour and colour to add depth to these gently sweetened muffins, plus turmeric is insanely good for you.
MAKES 8 MUFFINS
250g ground almonds
Generous pinch salt
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground dried turmeric
2 organic eggs
60g unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup runny honey
6 ripe apricots, halved and stones removed
Drizzle of runny honey to top with
- Preheat the oven to 170C fan bake. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Gradually mix in the eggs, melted butter (once cool) and honey, being careful not to over mix.
- Evenly divide the batter between the cupcake cases. Place an apricot half into each one and press in lightly, but not so much that the apricots are covered by batter.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden in colour and springy to the touch. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of honey.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 days.