ALMOND BUTTER MAPLE RICE BALLS
These little balls of energy are sticky, sweet and crunchy - like a classic rice crispy treat but much healthier. You could use peanut butter if you prefer!
180g smooth almond butter
180ml (3/4 cup) maple syrup
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g unsweetened puffed crisp brown rice cereal
30g goji berries
20g hemp seeds
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, salt and vanilla and stir constantly until the mixture is completely melted, and bubbling.
- Fold in the puffed rice, goji berries and hemp seeds and stir until everything is well coated.
- Using your hands, roll two heaped tbsp of the mixture into golf ball sized balls and place onto the lined tray.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until completely cool and firmed up.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 10 days.