ALMOND BUTTER AND RASPBERRY SQUARES IN COLLABORATION WITH KENWOOD
Almond butter and jam has always been one of my favourite combinations. This recipe is incredibly simple and is perfect for satisfying any level of sweet craving, any time of day.
MAKES 16 SQUARES
FOR THE SQUARES
100g unsalted butter, softened
150g brown sugar
300g almond butter (or any nut butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 organic egg
200g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch sea salt
300g good quality raspberry jam
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
25g brown sugar
25g sliced almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
generous pinch sea salt
TO DECORATE (OPTIONAL)
1 punnet fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 22cm x 22cm square tin with baking paper.
- First, make the base. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale, light and fluffy. Mix in almond butter, vanilla and egg. Gradually mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Stop mixer once just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon almond butter dough into prepared tin, spreading it out to the edges. Spread jam evenly over the top.
- Next, make the crumble. Combine ingredients in a large bowl and use your fingers to rub together until a rough breadcrumb consistency is reached. Scatter crumble over the jam layer, leaving some slightly bigger chunks.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool in its tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Once completely cool, transfer to a chopping board and, using a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares (about 4cm x 4cm). Top each square with a fresh raspberry.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days.